Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My first time in Quebec!

What a wonderful few days it has been here in Quebec. I arrived on a foggy, cold Sunday at 10:00 p.m., found a taxi and rode the $13 ride to the hotel I would stay at that night. My friend, Bridget, was waiting for me as she watched a fashion show en francais. After catching up on how our Christmas breaks were, we went to bed as it had been a very long day.

The next day, we woke up at around 9:00 (3 o'clock Seattle time) and started our day in Quebec city. After we dragged our suitcases though the accumulated slush that covered the sidewalks, we went to a restaurant for a good breakfast. The rest of the afternoon was filled with walking around the city, spending hours in a cafe, and reading pictures books dans le place d'enfants. After our excursions, we met our group at 5 o'clock at La Fabrique where we would be studying for the next two weeks. We visited with the other students, the program directors, our new professors, and our host families until around 7 when we went home with our new family.



We are living in the next town, Silley, which is only a few minutes away from the vieux-Quebec with the Gils and Zel, another person from our program. I absolutely love Quebec so far. My classes are very helpful and I am very amazed with how quickly I am learning new grammar and vocabulary as well as getting refreshed on previous language. Every day we take excursions in the city or do something for cultural enrichment.

Well I should be getting to bed as I have to get up at 6:30 in order to catch the us on time so...

Bon Nuit!!!

No comments: